What to Wear: Valentine's Day

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

With Valentine's Day right around the corner, I am sure that most everyone has their plans made for the holiday (yes, watching Netflix still counts). Jordan and I are heading to the city for the weekend with our friends, which makes it a non-traditional Valentine's Day for us this year.  I have absolutely no qualms about that though - the more the merrier!  Below I've compiled a few outfit ideas for the holiday, whether your plan is to party (like us!), enjoy a fancy dinner, or just stay in and relax.

Skirt (less than $25!) |  Boots | Tights | Necklace | Wristlet

We are heading St. John's on Saturday for the Dragonette concert, which just so happens to be at a club downtown.  It may be a day before the official holiday but you can bet that we will still be partying well into Sunday!  The weather (more snow, boo) is interfering with my dream outfit, which would be the one I have featured above.  I'm not sure why but I am loving all-black lately, which is odd considering I am normally a pastel-loving girly girl.  However, the adorable sparkly pink Kate Spade wristlet adds a girly touch to an otherwise dark and grungy outfit.

Bag | Dress (less than $50!) | Shoes | Earrings | Coat

This is an outfit that is suitable for a more typical Valentine's Day celebration - a fancy dinner date.  Personally, I'm not a huge fan of dining out on Valentine's Day, simply because it is always so busy, but it is nice to splurge on a restaurant that you generally wouldn't go to.  The dress and shoes are both super affordable (which makes up for the expensive but swoon-worthy coat) and could easily be worn again for a different occasion.  

PJ Pants | Tee (these are my favourite) | Socks | Phone Case | Faux Fur Throw


Honestly, if it weren't for the concert, this is probably what I would be wearing for Valentine's Day.  These days, I am more than happy to spend the day lounging around in comfy clothes, watching Netflix and eating yummy snacks.  We just started re-watching Gilmore Girls tonight and I have a feeling that we will at least spend part of Sunday watching TV in our pajamas.

What are your plans for Valentine's Day?

2 comments:

  1. I feel like you and I would have a wonderful time shopping together. Our styles are very similar.

    Kate Spade makes me swoon. I wanted so badly to empty my bank account at their sale yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only we lived closer - I would love a shopping buddy!

      Ugh, don't be talking! I need that pink bow coat in my life but it just isn't happening. That pink glitter bag wouldn't mind a place in my closet either.

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan