Luxe Box Spring 2016 Review

Friday, March 11, 2016

Luxe Box is a Canadian beauty subscription service that offers quarterly boxes at a cost of $26/box with free shipping. Each box contains 7-8 beauty products, including some full-size items! They also offer limited edition boxes which you can purchase for an additional $32, but I wasn't interested in either of those this month.

I also recently signed up for Topbox, which merged operations with Luxe Box last year, so I am worried that there will be repetitive products between the two boxes. I haven't received my first Topbox yet, so I guess we will see when the time comes.

Luxe Box Spring 2016 Review

Rather than wait until I've had the opportunity to test out all of these products (as that may take a while), I will go ahead and post what I received and a first impression review. As they make their way into my empties (or perhaps my favourites), you will hear a more thorough review!

The products came in a silky bag as opposed to a box (I'm not sure if this is normal for Luxe Box or not) and the bag was packaged in a cute gold foil envelope. My package was shipped on February 26th and I received it on March 4th. Here's what I found inside:

Smashbox Photo Finish Classic Primer | I've heard good things about this primer so I am excited to give it a try! Approximate sample value: $10.40.

Jelly Pong Pong Lychee Gel Softening Shower & Bath Gel | I'm not sure what lychees smell like, but this shower gel smells like a lemon-y alcoholic drink to me! Not sure if it will smell any better once I actually use it in the shower. It isn't bad, but not my favourite scent either. Approximate sample value: $15.95 (full size - this is the only size I can find on the website but it's definitely more of a travel size).

POP Beauty Kajal Pen | I'm not a huge fan of the purple color but at least it is a dark, nearly black purple. However, purple should make my green eyes pop! Not sure what the lasting power of this eyeliner will be as it is easily smudged (without or without the brush). I am curious to give it a try though! Approximate sample value: $10 (full size).

Schick Hydro Gel Razor | This is just a basic razor, not much to elaborate on here. Luxe Box also included a $5 off coupon for refills. Approximate sample value: $12.64 (full size).

Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Primer | This is the third or fourth time that I received this sample in a subscription box but I'm not complaining as I love it. I generally only use it on my nose and chin where my pores seem to be the largest but it does a fantastic job of making them disappear. Approximate sample value: $5.

Morgan Taylor Professional Nail Lacquer | I'm not a huge fan of receiving nail polish in subscription boxes as it's not something that I use regularly. I always have gel nails on my fingers so it's only when I occasionally paint my toe nails, and I already have a ton of nail polish that I don't use. Anyway, the color is a nice periwinkle and the formula seems creamy and easy to work with. However, it's not a product that I will use often. Approximate sample value: $15.83 (full size).

Model Co BB Plush Cream Daily All-In-One Skin Perfector Broad Spectrum SPF 30 | I've actually never tried a BB cream so I was excited to see this, especially because they actually sent the correct color ("Fair"). The color is still a bit too dark for my winter skin but I'm hoping that I'll be able to use it in the summer when I am slightly more tanned. The undertones are a bit orange which scares me a little, but hopefully it won't be too noticeable with a tan. I've swatched this on my hand and it feels nice and gives good coverage. I love that it has SPF as well! Approximate sample value: $22 (full size).

The total value of this box is a whopping $92.12, so it's definitely worth the price! Of the seven products, five of them were full size (if you include the shower gel) and there is a nice variety of products. There was also the $5 off razor refills coupon and a 300 Optimum Points coupon if you purchase the full sized Benefit primer at Shoppers Drug Mart. Overall, I am pleased with my first Luxe Box and I will continue to subscribe as long as the products don't overlap with the Topbox products.

There is no actual referral code that I can use if you'd like to subscribe, but if you leave your e-mail address I can send you an invitation to join and I will receive $5 off a limited edition box in the future. Just let me know if you are interested!

Have you ever tried Luxe Box before?

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried Luxe box but it looks like it's something I would love to subscribe to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should give it a try! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan