Beauty Review: Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Glow Face Palette

Thursday, June 2, 2016


Everyone in the beauty realm is raving about the amazing new collaboration between Becca and Jaclyn Hill. The collection features a face palette, eyeshadow palette, liquid highlighter, and a cream highlighter. I had been eying the original Champagne Pop Highlighter for ages but couldn't bite the bullet due to the price so as soon as I reaized that it was included in the Champagne Glow Face Palette, I knew I had to get my hands on it.


The palette consists of three blushes and two highlighters. The first blush shade, Rosé Spritz, is described as a "luminous blush". It is a medium pink color with peachy undertones and a fine shimmer to give you a natural glow. It reminds me of the Milani "Dolce Pink" baked blush but has more of a coral undertone. The second and third shades are both matte colors - "Amaretto" is a orange-brown color and my least favourite in the palette and "Pamplemousse" is a bright pink-coral shade. As for the two highlighters, "Champagne Pop" is a shimmery white gold with pink undertones and "Prosecco Pop" is a warm golden shimmer.


The shades are all super pigmented to the point where you only need the tiniest amount on your makeup brush or else you will risk looking like you're headed to the circus. However, I find that they fade quickly on the face once blended. Midway through my 12-hour shift I was unable to notice much color or highlight on my face so that was a bit disappointing.

The swatches below are in the following order from top to bottom: Rosé Spritz, Amaretto, Pamplemousse, Champagne Pop, Prosecco Pop, Champagne Pop and Prosecco Pop blended together.

Natural light

Sunlight

The packaging is super cute! The case is gold and white with gold and silver flecks across the top. It is about half an inch thick and feels sturdy to hold. I definitely wouldn't hesitate to travel with this palette.


Overall, I am pleased with the products and the variety within this palette. I was slightly disappointed with the lasting power and not a fan of the "Amaretto" shade but would recommend it regardless. It retails for $59 CAN and is currently sold out on the Sephora website, however, will be available online and in store in a limited quantity on June 16th. Once the palette is sold out then it will be gone forever, so be sure to snatch it up if you are interested! The eyeshadow palette, Champagne Pop cream highlight, and original Champagne Pop highlight are all still available on the Sephora website.

Did you get a chance to pick up this palette already? What are your thoughts?

P.S. Follow me on Snapchat at "janineallison" to see the live swatches!

4 comments:

  1. I didn't buy this palette yet because I don't know how much I'll use it. I have a Hourglass palette that I feel like is so similar. I also have the original champagne pop. The packaging is super cute though! For some reason, I expected this palette to be better. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I can understand that if you have the Hourglass palette. I've only owned liquid/cream highlighters up until now so I justified it because I really wanted to try powder highlighters and this is a much better value than buying them individually.

      Delete
  2. Such a pretty palette - I'm just not into highlighters! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really?! I love the glowing effect that they have on my face in photos.

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan