Life Lately: Volume 1

Monday, June 13, 2016


I've all but disappeared from the blog world thanks to work and busy weekends, so I figured I would write my all-time favourite type of post (AKA a list) to catch you guys up on my life. I considered just doing a weekend recap but then I realized that I hadn't discussed things from a few weeks ago so instead it will just be a hodge-podge of everything that has happened lately.

First of all, I feel like I have to acknowledge the tragedy that occurred at an Orlando nightclub this past weekend. There's nothing like a senseless occurrence like that to snap you back to reality and make you appreciate your own life. Orlando is a city that I've visited frequently and that I happen to love and my heart breaks for all those affected by the shooting. Mass shootings are becoming way too common these days. I'm not sure what the solution is but something has to be done to keep this from happening so frequently in the future.

Now that I've touched on that, I will move on to lighter and happier things in my life.

- Today is such a lazy day and I am very appreciative to have one. I still have to do a few things around the house (including cleaning our bathroom) but so far I've spent the day catching up on YouTube videos while the rain pours outside the window. Meanwhile, it is warm and cozy in my house where I am wearing PJs and a hoodie with one of my favourite candles burning.

- This past weekend was a good one! Jordan and I went out to supper and a movie on Friday night. He wanted to see Neighbours 2 and despite the fact that it wasn't exactly my "type" of movie, it wasn't too bad. Saturday morning we were up bright and early (much to my dismay). I spent part of the morning drinking tea and catching up on blog posts, then we went out to do some shopping and picked up supplies to make sushi. We ended up going out for a birthday supper for Jordan's sister on Saturday night, then hung out with friends afterwards. On Sunday, we enjoyed the day in boat with Jordan's sister and her fiancé, which you may have seen if you follow me on Snapchat.


- While shopping on Saturday, I finally bought a white shag rug for our living room and a new quilt for the spare bedroom. We also picked up a canvas print to put above the bed in the spare bedroom as it looked quite bare in there. That room is a random mixture of furniture and pieces that we have picked up over the years so it isn't the most cohesive room, that's for sure! However, this isn't our forever home so it isn't the end of the world.


- I won the Fitbit Weekend Challenge last weekend, thanks to work! (#nurseperks) I then got third place in our Workweek Challenge (which was only a short work week for me) but I was fine with that because I met my personal goal of 10,000 steps each day. I also had over 30 active minutes on all my days off work.

- I hate the thought of renewing my gym membership in the summer because it is nice enough to do my cardio outside, however, I feel like I need the gym for ab work and weights. That being said, I have no idea how to actually use that equipment at the gym so if someone would like to show me, that would be great!

- I was in the city a couple weeks ago and picked up a few new things for summer! I picked up a new bikini from Victoria's Secret as they will no longer be selling swimwear and had the collection on sale for 40% off. I also had a gift card left over from Christmas so I ended up paying $16 out of pocket for a $70 bikini! While walking past Aeropostale, it appeared that they were liquidating everything and had a great sale on. It's not a store that I generally shop at but I did pick up this henley tank in black. It's super cute and casual for the summer and I wish I had grabbed more colors. After that, I went to Winners (similar to Marshalls, TJ Maxx, etc.) where I found three tank tops and a super comfy black cardigan, all for less than $100.

 


- I also had a recent Sephora haul which I never did talk about here on the blog. As you know, I placed an order for the  Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Glow Face Palette (review here). I also picked up a Tarte LipSurgence Matte Lip Tint in "Lucky" which was on sale for $15 and deluxe samples of the Urban Decay All Nighter Long setting spray, Marc Jacobs Mod Noir perfume, and the Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist. At the same time, Jordan surprised me with more goodies from Sephora, including the Kat Von D Everlasting Lip Duo which had been on my wishlist, as well as a Beauty Blender and the Bare Minerals Marvellous Moxie lipstick in "Lead The Way" (which I discovered at Ulta in Florida but they were sold out and he somehow remembered which one I wanted!).


I think that's probably all the random new happenings in my life lately, so I'm going to wrap this up here. We are making sushi for supper (again!) and spending the night relaxing and watching Scandal. We are on season five now which is the last season on Netflix and I have no idea how I will survive without my daily dose of Fitz. Hope you guys are having a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I like how you decorate! The shag rug is nice to the living room - I have one too (it's huge) but unfortunately is looking flat and grey now becuase it's in a high traffic area. It's SUPER heavy once rolled up so now once we move out of our apartment, I'll bring it to a cleaners... hopefully it'll revive itself lol.

    I'm sad VS will no longer carry their swimwear. I wonder why the change! I've never bought a swim suit from them before (because I'm so picky lol). But I'm still sad, lameo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks Nancy! I held off on getting one for so long simply because we have three animals. This is actually a super cheap one ($40!) so it won't be the end of the world if it happens to get dirty. Hopefully you're able to get yours cleaned with no problems!

      They always have the cutest swimsuits but this is the first one I've bought there. I think they weren't making as much money from their swim/beauty lines so they are focusing on the "core" products.

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan