Luxe Box Summer 2016 Review

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Luxe Box is a Canadian beauty subscription service that offers quarterly boxes at a cost of $26/box with free shipping. Each box contains 7-8 beauty products, including some full-size items! This is my second Luxe Box and I have to say, I was very disappointed to the point where I actually cancelled my subscription. Luxe Box and Topbox merged last year, however, they stated that they would each retain their "unique brand identity". That is clearly not the case, as evidenced by the number of repetitive products between the two boxes. I'm actually considering cancelling my Topbox subscription as well, but we will see.


I will say that the packaging on this box is impressive. It does in fact appear very luxe, in a sleek white box with gold lettering. The products are then contained in a silky cream bag inside the box. Unfortunately, that's where my compliments end. Keep reading to find out what I received in my summer Luxe Box!


Novex Brazillian Keratin Deep Conditioning Hair Mask | I received this product in my Topbox last month so I was automatically unimpressed that it showed up in my Luxe Box as well. I have thin, fine, oily hair so I rarely have a need for deep conditioning masks. I've used my other sample as a regular conditioner on a few occasions and while it does a good job of conditioning my hair, I do find it a bit too heavy and my hair seems to get greasy faster than usual. Approximate sample value: $3.30.

Pur-Lisse Blue Lotus 4-in-1 Eye Adore Serum | I received this product in a previous Topbox as well. I've used it a few times and haven't noticed any real difference in my under eye appearance, but it could be because I haven't used it enough. It will take me forever to use one of these, much less two! Approximate sample value: $30.

Barefoot Venus Lip Bliss in "Coconut Kiss" | I had high hopes for this product as it is really hard to screw up a lip balm! It feels nice and moisturizing on the lips but the scent is really weird. It took me a while to figure out what the smell reminded me of but I finally did - Silly Putty! If you don't mind the smell, it's fine, but it definitely doesn't smell like coconut to me. Approximate sample value:  $7.50 (full size).

Mirabella Pearls & Pastels Eyeshadow Pigment in "Refreshmint" | I love the packaging of this product and I would be pleased if it were in a neutral color. However, this is a bright minty blue. I don't know about you, but I don't feel that I can pull off blue eyeshadow! I will probably pass this along to one of Jordan's nieces as I will have no use for it. Approximate sample value: Originally $28, on sale for $10 (full size).


Harvey Prince Organics Sincerely Body Cream | This is a small sample so it will probably be used as a hand cream as opposed to a body cream. Again, the smell of this is very odd. It has a perfumey scent, almost to the point of an "old lady" smell. Feels fine on my hands but I'm not keen on the scent. Approximate sample value: $1.

Morgan Taylor Nail Laquer in "I'm Charmed" | Ugh, I hate getting nail polish samples. I have gel nails (because otherwise I bite my nails) so I rarely ever use nail polish. I also received this brand in my Spring Luxe Box, like seriously? You've had three months to find new brands to work with. And I've used that product once! Anyway, at least the color is nice. Approximate sample value: $15.83

Coppertone Clearly Sheer Faces Sunscreen Lotion | Well at least this is a product that I can use (and the only one that I have used so far!). I'm all for sunscreen that is suitable for your face. I have very fair skin so I am very cautious about applying SPF in the summer. This one has SPF 30 but also comes in a SPF 50. I wore this one in boat the other day and I did burn my nose, however I didn't reapply throughout the day so that was really my own fault. Approximate sample value: $10.

Overall, the approximate value of this box was $77.63 but the products weren't worth the $26 in my opinion. The only thing that I will actually really use is the sunscreen lotion, therefore I cancelled my subscription. I'm curious to know if others received as many repeat and duplicate products as I did. If you subscribe, let me know in the comments!

6 comments:

  1. I completely understand why you would cancel this subscription. The products just don't seem worth the money. I do like the color of that nail polish though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it is a really nice color! Too bad that I rarely ever wear nail polish though. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  2. Man, I don't like your box either! Minus the polish but I have an addiction. Lol. I also don't understand why subscription boxes think blue eyeshadow is okay. It must be the reject eye shadows that don't sell normally so they chuck it in the box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is some sort of low-selling eyeshadow that they are trying to get rid of!

      Delete
  3. I'm not sure I've ever gotten the Luxe Box after they started doing it quarterly. Looks really fancy! They've definitely upped their game. I'm impressed with the size of the sunscreen bottle that came. I think like you - I've answered my own question and probably wouldn't "invest" in the Luxe box because I too would probably be disapointed in the products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The packaging is great and the sunscreen is really nice, but unfortunately that's about where it ends!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan